Saturday, January 5, 2008

-Memories-

once again..

This time I just suddenly remembered people from my past who I haven't thought about for a long time. Going back the farthest I guess was my first friend.

She was my neighbor at the first house I can remember. I can't even remember her name now, but I remember that I would often go to her house. I don't remember exactly why but I think my parents used their family as a babysitter for me. She was nice and I wonder what happened to her now...I also wonder what became of that house. (speaking of that old house, our neighbors on the other side were an old couple who kept a bunch of silk worms in their backyard...I remember my parents telling me that the woman had died shortly after we moved..they were always really nice to me).

The first friend in school I made was Anthony (I'm almost positive that was his name). That was in preschool and it didn't last long as he moved far away during the year.

A friend that I've known since I was born...I lost touch with in high school. His name was Ernest and his parents somehow knew my parents and I can't even pinpoint when I actually met him...probably just because I've always known him. We both went to different schools and got more and more isolated from each other. Last I knew...he became the alpha male that most guys could only dream of becoming.

Renee was a friend I met through my sister. She was the younger sister of my sister's friend. Only recently she found me on facebook and we reconnected in a way I suppose. We did a lot together, mainly because her sister was my sister's best friend and I didn't even realize until now that she was quite a bit older than me...haha (then again, I'm not even sure that I realized people cared at all about race until middle school). Strangely enough, she had a brother who was my age, but we never really connected.

Even now I feel as though I am becoming more and more disconnected with many of my friends and may eventually add them to this list. Makes me sad.

No comments: