Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why do I limit myself within the confines of reason and rationality? I think its because people will think I'm quite unpleasant otherwise. My ideas though...are often getting more and more unreasonable and irrational. I feel the need to pursue things that would be questionably immoral in the eyes of a God fearing nation.

God himself is such a ...deus ex machina as strange as that must sound. Kinda like, a piece of society given life in order to fill the gap that would otherwise be flooded by uncertainty. I would assert that God is bound within the confines of society's limit of thought, just as I am, just as we all are. But we are even above God himself. God without society cannot exist; society without God, can. Had the christian God truly existed, why did he not manifest in every society? No, indeed he was limited to the society which had given birth to him; and he, just like the culture that birthed him, conquered the majority of the world in thought and idea.

The whole...issue with embryonic stem cell harvesting...I heard a speaker from the Texas Right to Life Alliance or something like that. His basic argument was that the embryo has the potential to be a human being and even though it may die someday you cannot destroy it now. Similarly, he said, you would not kill a prisoner on death row simply because they would die eventually (perhaps he does not realize that he too will die eventually?...I would assume that would be the more poignant metaphor?). Here I would like to step back though. What makes the embryo the point at which "potential for life" is granted? An embryo without a womb cannot survive. Similarly, a sperm cell without an egg cannot create a human life. Similarly, in human reproduction, balls without a penis cannot ejaculate sperm. Therefore I conclude that any form of genital mutilation be punishable by death, as it is taking not one, but millions if not billions of "potential" lives. I think a lot of guys would sign off on this one (as long as I conveniently leave out the fact that any form of masturbation would similarly be first degree "potential human" murder).

No comments: