Monday, March 2, 2009

It looks like snow doesn't it...

"In that one moment I thought I understood some hidden secret in the universe...something that only someone in that situation at that moment could understand...and then in the very next moment I was overcome with an extreme sadness...that things couldn't remain like were...that they had to change."

Someone asked me why I insist on having some kind of spiritual aspect to things when I seem to always focus so much on logic... It's really simple though...when I look at a bird flying...all I see now are the things that define it...it's velocity vectors, geometry of the wings, kinematics, and all the ways to calculate those things. But no one wants to see that when they look at a bird. Spirituality, religions, myths...they all help you see things that may not really be there...but those things allow me to escape my own perspective. Without being able to leave my reality for a moment or two...I wouldn't be able to stand looking at the world. It's what allows me to look around and think that anything can be beautifully artistic if you just tilt your head...and while people who wish to ground themselves more firmly in the observational will tell me that I'm just being ignorant of all the horrible things around me...I just can't seem to part with my way of coping.

3 comments:

tattered silk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tattered silk said...

is it really just a way of coping or is it something more?

No-One-Nowhere said...

usually something more...to a lot of people it is...but right now...it's just my way of coping...maybe someday it'll be something more to me too. It is not an exaggeration when I say that I only see numbers and formulas no matter where I look. It's my escape from reality right now. it doesn't need to be "real"...never did