Monday, March 31, 2008

-The New Dream-

...feels very scarily realistic and sometimes I don't even realize I'm in the dream unlike the other one in which I can tell from the setting. The dream usually starts where I had just moved to Davis and moved in with you there. For some reason I didn't transfer but instead had simply dropped out of college. Soon after getting everything worked out with paperwork and living arrangements...you told me that you were going out and left me there in the apartment. Although in the dream it doesn't really seem like you're leaving me there alone as I had lots of stuff to do or something. Anyway...you come back later and (the first time I had the dream [sometimes I dont know who it is...sometimes its no one]) yon is with you and he is completely drunk and you seem tipsy and you walk straight by me and the two of you collapse into bed. You had closed the door and I went and knocked and asked if everything was alright and you said back that it was fine. I ask you about it all the next day and you don't see anything wrong with the situation at all and say that I should bring a girl back to the apartment once in a while for my own good. And thats where I start to panic and think that I have nothing and I run away to a bridge(bridge is different each time) where there are numerous mutilated bodies hanging from the sides and I hang myself (hang from ropes not around my neck, not to kill myself...but I somehow become like the other bodies around me)

There are many variations of the dream...but its usually about the same. The first time, I woke up in a cold sweat...but afterwards I began to recognize the dream and could realize it was a dream instead of some horrible reality.

1 comment:

tattered silk said...

reminds me of the "withered Lover" motif in certain mystical traditions.

a lover scorned, doomed to forever wander bound and scarred