Thursday, October 4, 2007

-Missing-

--Yeah, I'm definitely missing something in my life and I can't pinpoint exactly what it is. It's not religion I know that. Certainly not the philosophies behind religion and yet the religious faculties are perhaps exactly what is needed in my case. I have no real group of people who share many of my views and opinions on things. I have my own group of friends who in all honestly are quite different from myself; though our interests may be similar. However I feel like I'm incomplete in a way. I guess I haven't really nailed down exactly who I am, yet I'm not really experimenting with new things or anything like that. For a while I was thinking about joining a club on campus but they all seem to be divided based on race or some other trivial matter. I suppose what I'm feeling now is why some people claim that religion has made them whole: there simply is no other group like a religious one for younger people. It's a place where everyone is united by a similar ideology and where everyone can simply be accepted. Sounds like a great solution but not for me. I could never accept that kind of thinking, and even if I tried to be religious for a while, the group wouldn't serve the same purpose as I would be faking my own rational brain and most likely feel the same inner turmoil I feel now. (turmoil might be a bit strong, its more like, a gnat on my brain or something)

--signed 'not emo yet'

No comments: